Friday, December 14, 2012

My Blog is 100: Celebrating Milestones

In this blog, I have frequently written about the importance of celebration and recognizing milestones.   It seems appropriate then that I practice what I preach.  This is my 100th published post to my blog "Everything is Marketing."  Yeah me!

It seems remarkable (and a bit humbling) that it took me this long to hit this milestone.  My first post was in August 2009. I have had many fits and starts, a barren gap of a year and a half and other gaps of a month or more. I have stepped away from writing this blog many times and I have always failed to contribute to it in anything resembling a regular schedule. But I keep coming back to it and I keep getting indicators that a few brave souls are actually reading what I write. That is the humbling part.

This blog has been surprisingly rewarding in many ways.  Creating a space where I can think and write about marketing in a non-job specific way helps to give me some perspective and balance.  Having a venue to write and think creatively is very precious to me.  Having an audience is even more precious.  I treasure those of you who comment about what I write, either online or to me in person. 

I fully intend to keep at this.  After all, I have been picking up steam a bit...two thirds of my posts were written this year.  My goal...and I am actually foolishly stating it on here...is to hit 200 posts in 2013. 

So welcome to the party!  Have a slice of cake (guaranteed to have no calories!) and sit back and have fun.  I plan to!



No comments:

Post a Comment