Friday, November 27, 2009

When 8-year-olds grow up

My wife and I recently attended one of my daughter's choral concerts at her high school.  It was the first such concert of the year.  The music was fantastic.  But my wife and I were floored by the number of younger siblings of our children's friends were in the choir and had grown-up and no longer the 8-year olds that we remembered them as.  Now they were tall, mature young adults.  In our minds, they were still 8-years old because they were the last we had seen them.

The same is true for your customers and former customers.  Most customers remember your company as it was when they last saw you.  If you have grown, improved or changed, they won't know that know that if they last worked with you before that growth or those improvements and changes.  The challenge is to stay in front of your most valuable customers and stakeholders so they know who you are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment