Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Timelessness of the Internet

Internet Curmudgeon time. 

I know that the Internet is forever, but that doesn't necessarily mean  that everything that everyone writes online is timeless.

Why does it seem to be so difficult for writers or search engines or web designers (or seemingly anyone) to attach a date of original publication on pages?  All I want is to be able to tell the timliness of blogs and essays that I find in doing internet research. 

I was recently doing some research and found a report that seemed to nicely meet my needs.  Then, about 5 paragraphs into the document, there was speculation about how President Bush would react to the issue.  A seven year-old document has much different relevance than one written in the last few weeks.

This doesn't seem like a hard thing to do.


Some other posts you might enjoy:
Primary Elections and Local Ads
After Midnight
Put a Stamp On It 


No comments:

Post a Comment